What does a warranty cover?
- Faults and defects caused due to manufacturing or material defects and design faults.
What’s not covered under warranty?
- Damage caused by accident, abuse (improper use), neglect, normal wear, stunt riding, commercial use, rental use, improper assembly, improper fit, maintenance and/or assembly.
- Labour costs involved.
- Items outside of their warranty period.
- Pre-owned items (warranties are not transferable - only the original purchaser is entitled to the warranty).
How long is my product’s warranty?
Your product’s warranty period is dependent on the manufacturer. As a minimum, your product will have a warranty period that lasts 12 months, as per Australian Consumer Law. We’ve included a list of common brands, and their warranty periods below:
- Aftershokz - 2 years from date of purchase
- Cube - 6 years for most frames and forks, parts are based on each individual manufacturers warranty period
- Garmin - 1 year on all consumer products
- Merida - Lifetime warranty on the frame, 5 years on Merida branded forks, 2 years for rear suspension components, 1 year for all other Merida branded components
- Norco - 3 or 5 years, dependent on the individual model - see here. Your model should be registered within 90 days of purchase to ensure your warranty is accepted
- Pedal Bikes - 10 years on most frames, 2 years on all parts
- Shimano - 2 years on bike components, 1 year for clothing, shoes and wheels
- Sram - 2 years for bicycle components after original purchase of the product
- Wahoo - 1 year, please keep the original packaging of your smart trainer for the length of the warranty period
How do I start the warranty process?
In-store: Please contact your local store.
Online: Please fill in our warranty submission form here.
What is required when making a warranty claim?
- Proof of purchase and matching ID
- Proof of the registration of the product, where applicable
- Evidence of the defect - photos and videos, where applicable
- Patience! There are a number of parties involved in our warranty process - You, 99 Bikes, our Suppliers
What’s the turnaround for my product’s warranty?
Your item will need to be assessed by a member of our staff. Additional assessment may need to be carried out by the manufacturer, depending on the manufacturer’s policy.
Turnaround time will be increased if your item has to be sent back back to the manufacturer, or if you send your item back to the warehouse (due to shipping time frames).
As a guideline:
- Accessories and clothing, 2 weeks
- Bike components, 2 - 4 weeks
- Bike frames and forks, 4 - 6 weeks
- Smart trainers, computers and watches, 3 - 5 weeks
What if my warranty claim is denied?
- If your claim is denied in store, we will return the item to you and discuss alternatives. Where appropriate, we will try and assist you with the purchase of a replacement item.
- If your claim is denied by the manufacturer or by the warehouse, we will contact you to confirm your delivery address and arrange payment for the appropriate shipping charges. If you don’t wish to have your item returned, then please be aware that it will be destroyed.